Monday, August 28, 2017

A Mighty Fine Hole

I felt better in the morning after my fire ant experience. The male human took me for a nice walk before the fire ants were out. Bluff Utah is surrounded by bluffs that were beautiful glowing pink in the dawn light. We met another early riser and her dog out walking. We watched the world (or at least Bluff Utah's small part of it) wake up while I sniffed the scrub. Did I mention that I was a digger? I dug a fine hole on the walk. When we got back to the cottage, the male human sat outside while the female showered. Last night was really cold and I needed to snuggle closely with my humans to stay warm. It was a small bed for the three of us. Morning was very nice.







We drove south to Monument Valley only stopping for the female human to look at Navajo jewelry. The mesas stood proud above the flat desert in the morning light. We drove and started climbing higher and higher. The male human was concerned that we might have damaged the car when we banged the bottom. It turned out to be nothing; that made the humans happy. After parking, we walked along a path only to see the biggest hole ever. It must have taken a few very hard woking dogs to dig that. The humans were awed by the mighty fine hole with all the layers showing. They took lots of pictures and I sniffed for critters. We went from point to point and enjoyed each in turn. It was a lot of fun. Lots of people pet me at the visitor center. I drank the spring water from the place they call, The Grand Canyon. The water wasn't as good as I hoped, but it was wet in the heat. The humans had a good time together.


Eventually, we had to leave. We drove a little while to a town called, Williams, AZ. It was on Route 66, which they played up. There were lots of restaurants and the town was pretty dog friendly. We walked to and back from the restaurant. It seems I forgot all my city manners on this adventure because I didn't behave well on the walk. Eventually, I got back in proper form. The place with all the bedrooms had a really big bed. After last night, we all could have used it. I dreamed about many things because of this trip, but I was ready to go home.



No comments:

Post a Comment