Monday, August 21, 2017

Whirlwind

Every day is a whirlwind. We went here and saw these people. We went there and saw those people. New smells. Riding in other people's car. Luckily, Belle and Legoz were always friendly faces (and smells). The male and female humans helped the younger male human with his car for a couple of days. I have a bigger pack than I used to. There are Belle's humans and the male human's parents. There are others that visited that seemed to be part of the other human's pack. The squirrels don't run across the fence as often anymore. Maybe I scared them.

Last night, my human's went off without me and I was left with Legoz and the male human's parents. They were very nice to me. We watched a movie together. My human's picked me up and we went to Belle's again. Belle and I slept on the couch as the humans talked.

This morning, the male human got up early. There was flashes of lightning in the sky. We don't have that sort of thing at home very much. After he made the brown liquid, he sat on the screen porch and watched the lightning and the rain. When the rain stopped, he watched the silhouettes of the leaves agains the steel grey skies. I looked for squirrels and bunnies. The air had new and fresh smells and my nose was working overtime. It was quiet this morning in the neighborhood. Seemingly, everyone was sleeping in. The male human doesn't seem to sleep well. He should take lessons from me. I am an expert. The female human got up and sat with us. My pack was all together and all is right in the world. Now, if I could only get a squirrel!

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying every post. You have done a great job Pi with your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am glad you enjoy Pi's blog

    ReplyDelete