Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Fields of Dreams

The male human woke early with the thunderstorm. He rose and walked with me in the grass as the sun turned slowly lighter with the leaves of the elm silhouetted against the grey sky. He sat with his brown liquid drink on the screen porch as the rain started. The female human came out and joined us. It was nice, all of us together. It cleared off

A little later they took some of their stuff and packed the car again. We all got in and drove for about an hour. We got to a place that is really different from the houses in the city. It was a house in the middle of a grass field. This field was surrounded by longer grass and trees. It looked like a great place to explore. The people there seemed to know the male human well. I can't believe they did not have a dog. Who has a house without a dog? Anyway they were really nice. I loved their attention. We went to a farmer's market and got vegetables and some Persian food for lunch. After we got back we had a great lunch. I got to lick the plates!



We took a walk down in the old overgrown quarry. Some parts were mowed but my favorite part was the long bluestem grass and the trees. I chased critters really hard through the long grass. I got separated from the humans and made them a little angry, but I was so happy! I ran and ran until I could run no longer. I laid down to cool off. The humans herded me back towards the house a mile away. It was hot out. In a bit, I ran on ahead straight back to the house. That was so much fun! I loved that place with the long grass.




The male human cooked a meal for his friends. We sat on the back porch with the humans drinking wine while he finished up the meal. The humans ate and talked and ate and talked. They seemed to have the best time. I was so tired, I dozed while they were at the table. I helped clean up by licking the plates - I am the helper dog. They talked out on the deck again. Before finally going to bed. What a great day! I love this place.

We all slept really well. We got up and I took my morning walk with the male human in the long grass again. I loved it and behaved better today. The humans organized the house and cleaned off surfaces. About 11 AM people started to show up at the door. It was all very strange.  I loved it when people visit my house but this was very different when I was in someone else's house. There were a couple dogs too. The male human's parents showed up and I was very happy to see them. There must have have been 50 people there. People brought food and ate and drank on the deck and in the yard. People would wear funny glasses and looked up at the sky. Everyone seemed to be having great fun. About 1:00, the sky got dark in the afternoon. People took off their glasses and saw a ring around where the sun should have been. The sky looked like sunset. It was very cool! Soon, it got lighter and the sun came out again. The party went on. People started leaving after a little while. By late afternoon, all the others had left. It was time for a little nap.






What a great day! I want to stay in the house with the long grass. It was so fun here.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have been a better day to see the marvelous drama that the world was watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a really fun day for all

      Delete