Monday, August 14, 2017

Into The Canyonlands



I was tired last night and slept really well though the humans didn't; or at least the male human didn't. We had breakfast on the patio and it was great. The manager offered to bring me food and others admired and pet me because I was being so cute. Cuteness is my secret power. We took off in the car (again - ugh!) and drove North to a dog park so I could run before another long drive. There were three dogs there. We all sniffed and got along just fine. It was hot though even if it was morning. I chased the ball until I wanted to lay down in the shade. I look out the window now a lot. We saw the entrance to Brice Canyon. I forgot to tell you I saw burros yesterday. They were grazing in the desert. Today, I saw cows, horses and sheep in the fields in Utah.

We got off the interstate and took blue highways today. We went to Capital Reef National Park. It was great! The trip to get there was absolutely gorgeous.  In the park, we saw lots of rocks and a little river funning through it. The rocks are formed into big cliffs with striations running across. A lot of the rock is red sandstone. They let me explore some dog friendly places where I sniffed and marked. We had a picnic lunch in a spot in the center of the park. There I saw three mule deer fawns gamboling and playing in the grass. I wanted to stalk and chase them, but Papa held the leash tightly. There was an orchard next to it with trees from the nineteenth century. There were apples, plums, peaches, apricots, almonds, and walnuts that were planted by the Fruita. 
We the walked around the petroglyphs. They were made by the Fremont people. I didn't care too much for the petroglyphs but I loved walking around and exploring. More people admired me and thought I was a good boy. It was pretty cool in this part if the canyon with a stream and trees giving us shelter. We drove for a while but they kept stopping to take pictures of rock and cliffs. When we left the park, we were still around lots of mesas and buttes. We could see thunder clouds in front of us as we drove Northeast. Eventually, the rain caught us and it absolutely poured on us when we were driving at 70 mph on a narrow two lane road. The humans were worried that the idiot behind us would run us over in the rain. Papa drove well though.

We passed through that and entered a place where there weren't ant plants at all, just grey alkaline soil. It was very inhospitable. I am glad the female human (Mama, to me) takes good care of her car. It had gotten really hot again and there was no place to pull over. I didn't like that place much. Some of these buttes look like a game the male human used to play with the younger male human. I think the game was Motorstorm. The younger male human moved away with my best friend Legoz earlier this year. I miss them so much!  We drove and drove until we got to Moab. It is really pretty but they seem to make a living on tourism. We had a nice dinner outside and everyone treated me really nicely.  I got a nice walk again afterwards. It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment