Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Across the Prairie

Denver was nice, but the humans wanted to go on. I would have been happy to play with the prairie dogs all day. We had been chasing the rain for the last three days. We didn't see any rain yet. We left the city and the mountains behind and headed onto the high prairie. It was pretty boring from the back seat. Luckily, it wasn't as hot as the last few days. We drove and drove. My headache went away overnight. 



The humans would stop and switched drivers every couple hours. We entered Nebraska and we stopped at a rest stop and had a picnic lunch. There were a couple other dogs there. It was very fun. We continued to drive and drive. I slept as much as I could and watched out the window while awake. The area along the Platte had a lot of trees and was very beautiful. Very different from the short grass prairie back west. 



We drove and drove, Kearney, Grand Island, Lincoln, and finally Omaha. We got to the female human's sister's house. She and her husband had a little dog, Bella. I was pretty weird to go into someone else's house. We had to have a few words and I was scolded for being bossy in someone else's house. They talked and shared drinks before bedtime. It rained and thundered over night. I didn't hear the thunder off course. In the morning, the male human took me for walk before the rain started again. We say in the screen porch as the male human drank the brown liquid in the morning rain. I looked out the screen at a squirrel collecting acorns. I trembled with excitement with thought of chasing them. I have a very good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment