Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Big Reveal

What a day! Last night was pretty weird, sleeping in a room in some other dog's house. The humans seemed happy and comfortable enough, though. Once I could lie between them, all was good. In the morning, the male human took my for walk. It was kinda darkish, the sun was hiding behind dark clouds. I smelled all new smells and was teased by squirrels. They'd run across the street in front of me. They were just lucky I was on a leash. I went back to bed with the female human for a while. I love the Mama.

Today, Belle and I got along fine. She sure was lucky where she can live in a house where bunnies and squirrels come right into her yard. The squirrels were cheeky, running along the fence top. I wondered if I could jump high enough to get one. I'd like to try. I spent time on the screen porch watching the squirrels collect nuts between rain squalls. Later, we got into the car again but without all the "stuff." I don't know why humans haul around stuff. The should travel light, like me. On the other hand, the humans always pull out food, water, and other good things from that "stuff." I like that part.

We went to another house and guess who was there, but my best friend Legoz, the younger man human, the grandma and the grandpa. So cool, another house to explore. We had lunch and the humans talked while Legoz and I hung out. Legoz is a big Doberman and my brother! We lived together for five years. He is the younger Human's dog. I love him! The younger human and female human took us both for a walk. That was great too. More new smells with my buddy.



The male human was getting tired. He was real sick a year ago. I helped him get better.

Anyway, we went to Belle's house. The other humans went out but the male human lie down with me on the couch on the screen porch. I was just like when he was sick. Today, this part of my old routine was perfect. Maybe it helped him then, but today it helped me. What a great day! I sm a lucky dog.





No comments:

Post a Comment